All Things CLE
Whether you’re from Cleveland or relocating here, there are so many reasons to love The Land, one of which is real estate. Whether you’re buying your first home, selling your beloved home, relocating here or want to invest in real estate — Cleveland is a great place to live.
Cleveland is located in northeast Ohio on the southern shores of Lake Erie and is about 60 miles west of the Pennsylvania border. Greater Cleveland sits along Lake Erie for about 100 miles and runs 40+ miles inland. It incorporates Cuyahoga, Lake, Medina, Geauga and Lorain counties and includes more than 70 suburbs, such as Lakewood, Bay Village, Parma, Westlake, Shaker Heights, Cleveland Heights, Strongsville, East Cleveland, Euclid, Fairview Park, Garfield Heights, North Olmsted, Rocky River, Avon, Avon Lake and more.
The city of Cleveland has a population of 381,009 (census.gov) while Greater Cleveland has a population of around 2.1 million (worldpopulationreview.com) making it the 32nd largest metro area in the U.S and the second largest city in Ohio (behind Columbus).
Downtown Cleveland has been revitalized over the last five years, with an estimated $19 billion in development already completed or planned in the last ten years. Occupancy rates are at 98% while home sales are up around an impressive 12% year after year (Real Wealth Network).
For more Cleveland real estate stats, click HERE.
There are some major factors that make Cleveland a great place to live and purchase real estate including:
- “#1 City to Buy Home for Best Rental Return” – CNBC
- “#4 City Where Your Paycheck Will Go the Furthest” – Forbes
- “#10 Best City for First Time Home Buyers” – Business Insider
- “Cleveland Real Estate Market Trends” – Movoto
- “Ohio Best State for Start-Up” – Forbes
- “#84 Best Place to Live” – U.S. News
Some great aspects contributing to Cleveland’s economy include:
- It’s home to the fastest growing healthcare economy in the country (home to well-known Cleveland Clinic). The healthcare sector serves as one of the leading employers in the area.
- 10 Fortune 500 companies have their headquarters here, one of which is Sherwin Williams.
- Cleveland is home to the second largest live theater district (Playhouse Square) in the country, behind New York City.
- Cleveland has three major sports teams: Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Indians.
- The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame is located in downtown Cleveland.
- You can find the famed “A Christmas Story House” in CLE.
- The Cleveland Orchestra consistently ranks as one of the best orchestras in the world.
- Cleveland is home to the NASA Glenn Research Center.
Wondering what there is to do around Cleveland? The answer is PLENTY.
The city offers residents and visitors alike tons of things to do:
- Grab some delicious food from one of the many amazing restaurants
- Spend the day in Little Italy
- Catch a game at one of the many great local bars
- Indulge your culinary side at the West Side Market
- Tour the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame
- Go to a Browns, Indians, Cavaliers, or Monsters game
- Shop at the 5th Street Arcades
- Tour the “A Christmas Story House”
- Spend a relaxing Saturday or Sunday morning at a farmers market
- Catch some sun at one of the many beaches
- Spend the day on Lake Erie
- Play some golf
- Watch a play at Playhouse Square
- Take a hike in the Cleveland Metroparks
- Spend the day at a local brewery
- Drink some wine at a local winery
- Go fishing
- Go shopping at Crocker Park, Eton Chagrin Boulevard, Legacy Village or Beachwood Place
- Spend the morning relaxing or working in one of the local coffee shops
- Indulge your love for sweets at a local bakery
- & so much more
While Cleveland really does have so much to love, our favorite part of this wonderful city is the pride that the we have in it. Clevelanders aren’t fair-weather fans when it comes to how much they love their city (or their sports teams lol).
If you’re relocating or considering relocating to Cleveland, send us an email at email@example.com for a copy of our free Relocation Guide.
For a copy of our Moving Guide, click HERE.