Considering Selling Your Home?
There seems to be one issue that realtors and buyers alike are currently running into – lack of inventory.
Before the pandemic, there was an inventory shortage. Now, that’s an understatement; in fact, in many parts of the U.S., inventory is less than half of what it was this time last year.
A survey by Lending Tree looked at the behaviors of potential homebuyers. The results indicated that 58% of home buyers are more likely to purchase a home within the next year, EVEN amongst the current health crisis (Keeping Current Matters).
The main reasons buyers are willing to purchase a home this year include:
- Low mortgage rates
- Reduced spending
- Re-evaluating their current space (Keeping Current Matters)
To view the article, click HERE.
Given these factors, demand for housing will continue to grow this year. What does this mean for you?
If you wanted to purchase a home this year, you have a wonderful opportunity to take advantage of historically low mortgage rates (and these rates are expected to remain low for a while).
If you had planned on selling your home before the pandemic or are considering it now, your home is likely in HIGH demand due to increased buyer interest and low inventory. This might be the perfect time to list your home.
Why Choose The Flood’s Real Estate
When choosing which REALTOR® you want to sell your home, the decision should not be taken lightly. After all, selling your house is a HUGE life change and you want to ensure you hire one that is both knowledgable and hard-working and also has your best interest in mind. When you hire The Flood’s Real Estate to sell your home, we strive to make the selling process not only successful for our client but also as smooth and stress-free as possible so the entire process goes seamlessly.
“When getting help with money, whether it’s insurance, real estate or investments, you should always look for someone with the heart of a teacher, not the heart of a salesman.” – Dave Ramsey
Here is a brief breakdown of what is included when hiring us to list your home:
- Seller’s Guide – You’ll receive an in depth Seller’s Guide that walks you through the entire process from start to finish (figuring out the price, marketing, closing, what information we need from you, etc.).
- Net Proceeds Sheet – We will provide you with a net proceeds sheet which will give you an estimate of the amount of money you will take away from selling a home.
- Comps – We’ll supply you with comps in order to help you understand how we’ll figure out the best price for your home in the current market and be able to price it competitively.
- Professional Photography – We did a post on this a few weeks ago on our Instagram (@thefloodsrealestate) and cannot express how strongly we feel about getting professional photos taken of your home to show it in the best light online. After all, it’s where the majority of buyer’s (52%) will initially see your home and decide whether or not they want to tour it.
- Staging – Susan Flood of The Flood’s Real Estate is a certified stager and can give you tips and advice on how to prep your home to sell, as well as how to best stage your home so it appeals to a wide range of potential buyers. You will also receive our Staging To Sell Guide.
- Marketing – We’ll put on the full-court press when it comes to marketing. Your home will be posted on multiple online sites such as the Multiple Listing Service (MLS), Coldwell Banker Schmidt FOC’s website, Zillow, realtor.com, Redfin, The Flood’s Real Estate’s website, etc. It will also be posted across all of our various social media platforms. Other forms of marketing that will be considered to get your home sold fast and for the best price include post cards, email campaigns, online ads, coming-soon campaigns, video tours and drone shots (if needed). We customize our marketing plans to fit each client and their home.
- Broker’s Open and Open Houses – With your permission, we will hold a broker’s open and open houses to get your home as much exposure as possible.