Stage Your Home To Sell
When it comes to getting your house sold, appearance is EVERYTHING. Staging is a strategic marketing tool used by sellers to help buyers imagine themselves living in your home and fall in love with the property. It involves styling your home in a way that enhances its appeal to potential buyers.
Staging is more than just putting a new welcome mat in front of the door and getting new throw pillows – when done correctly, it can help a home sell for more money in a shorter amount of time.
What The Experts Are Saying
83% of real estate agents said staging made it easier for a buyer to visualize the property as their future home. (NAR) According to a survey by the National Association of Realtors (NAR), 29% of sellers’ agents stated that the sales price for homes that were staged were between 1% and 5% higher than homes that were not staged. Additionally, 39% of seller’s agents reported that staging a home reduces the days a home is on the market.
Here are some quick tricks:
- De-clutter, de-clutter, de-clutter
- Depersonalize every room
- Clean like you’ve never cleaned before
- Replace old, dim light bulbs with bright, new ones
- Upgrade your curb appeal
- Remove or rent furniture; move around your current furniture
- Add neutral and minimal decor
- Clear out any odors and make your home smell good
- Get carpets steam cleaned if there are any stains/odors
- Consider adding some finishing touches such as putting fresh flowers in a vase, placing a bowl of fruit on a kitchen counter, laying a throw blanket across the back of a chair, and adding some folded towels to the bathroom
For more on staging, here is a great article: https://www.trulia.com/guides/staging-a-house/
You don’t necessarily need to hire a staging company but it certainly helps to work with a real estate professional that understands staging. That’s where we come in; Susan Flood of The Floods Real Estate is a certified stager and can help to not only get your house market ready but get it sold fast and for top dollar.
Not only is Susan a certified stager, but The Floods Real Estate also gives their sellers a Staging Guide that walks them through the process.